We are a traditional bistro serving local fresh fish, meat & vegetables from near by farms. Most of our ingredients & products including drinks are sourced locally. Our menu has a Mediterranean influence.
We are 20 minutes walk away from the English Channel and the river Dart flows nearby. So we are able to get a fresh delivery every day from the local fisherman.We are very passionate about our food and the whole ambience in the bistro.
We are also well know for very tasty vegetarian and vegan dishes which are very different to the normal type of vegetarian food in this area and our customers including non vegetarians love the them. Vegetarian and Vegan are increasing in popularity not only because of the animal conscious but because of the exciting flavours and healthy alternative. All the food we produce is carefully selected for its healthy content and fantastic flavours, which we are very proud of.
Our chef Wendy has worked with many other great chefs, which has influenced the creation of traditional & modern dishes. We also provide for other diets, if you book and let us know in advance we will prepare some thing special for you. Our full menu can be found here.Simon & Aga have now been running Anzac for a number of years now. We would like to extend a warm welcome to the Anzac Street Bistro restaurant in beautiful and charming Dartmouth Devon.
We cater for different diets such as Gluten Free and Vegan. We would like you to make us aware of any allergies you might have. We display by the door a list on potential ingredients that you might be allergic to. Please let us know during your order or call us in advance.
People about us
- I truly cannot fault this small bistro. The food is just fantastic. Imaginative menu with a Polish twist. All food is freshly prepared and beautifully presented. The taste is exquisite. Also an excellent choice of wines and beers. – tiggersuki, TripAdvisor
- First time here since it was sold some while back. Loved the menu and food, lots of interesting things with a polish influence. Reasonably priced and very attentive staff. Would definitely return and recommend. […] – AnthonyPit, TripAdvisor
- This was our second visit to Anzac, it was just as good as first time round. It has a lovely atmosphere, friendly professional staff. The menu has a good choice and Anzac offers you something that little bit different. […] – Andrea J, TripAdvisor
- Ate here on a Friday evening and found it all excellent. We have never had Polish food before and although the menu looked good we were not sure it would be like. It was all excellent, the starters (…), mains (…) dessert (…), the drinks (…) and the service. […] – onlyhere4thebeer, TripAdvisor
- We have only been to the bistro for lunch, albeit quite a few times. They serve draught Leffe Blonde Belgian beer which is hard to find anywhere. The food has a mainly Polish influence and can only be described as ‘awesome’. Great service and good prices make this a bistro not to miss. […] – Phantasy, TripAdvisor