We are a traditional bistro serving local fresh fish, meat & vegetables from near by farms. Most of our ingredients & products including drinks are sourced locally. Our menu has a Mediterranean influence with a Polish twist which adds a new dimension to Polish food. Mediterranean & Polish cuisine are full of exciting flavours.
During the winter we serve homely warming goulash, juicy steak including Venison and wild Boar we also serve traditional stews. There is a fish of the day caught in our local waters only a stone s throw away. We are 20 minutes walk away from the English Channel and the river Dart flows nearby. So we are able to get a fresh delivery every day from the local fisherman. Everything is created using traditional Polish and Mediterranean methods with a fine dinning presentation. We are very passionate about our food and the whole ambience in the bistro.
We are also well know for very tasty vegetarian dishes which are very different to the normal type of vegetarian food in this area and our customers including non vegetarians love the them. Vegetarian and Vegan are increasing in popularity not only because of the animal conscious but because of the exciting flavours and healthy alternative. All the food we produce is carefully selected for its healthy content and fantastic flavours, which we are very proud of.
Our chef has worked with many other great chefs, which has influenced the creation of traditional & modern dishes. We also provide for other diets, if you book and let us know in advance we will prepare some thing special for you. Our full menu can be found here.
We cater for different diets such as Gluten Free and Vegan. We would like you to make us aware of any allergies you might have. We display by the door a list on potential ingredients that you might be allergic to. Please let us know during your order or call us in advance.
People about us
- I truly cannot fault this small bistro. The food is just fantastic. Imaginative menu with a Polish twist. All food is freshly prepared and beautifully presented. The taste is exquisite. Also an excellent choice of wines and beers. – tiggersuki, TripAdvisor
- First time here since it was sold some while back. Loved the menu and food, lots of interesting things with a polish influence. Reasonably priced and very attentive staff. Would definitely return and recommend. […] – AnthonyPit, TripAdvisor
- This was our second visit to Anzac, it was just as good as first time round. It has a lovely atmosphere, friendly professional staff. The menu has a good choice and Anzac offers you something that little bit different. […] – Andrea J, TripAdvisor
- Ate here on a Friday evening and found it all excellent. We have never had Polish food before and although the menu looked good we were not sure it would be like. It was all excellent, the starters (…), mains (…) dessert (…), the drinks (…) and the service. […] – onlyhere4thebeer, TripAdvisor
- We have only been to the bistro for lunch, albeit quite a few times. They serve draught Leffe Blonde Belgian beer which is hard to find anywhere. The food has a mainly Polish influence and can only be described as ‘awesome’. Great service and good prices make this a bistro not to miss. […] – Phantasy, TripAdvisor
Christmas & New Years Eve
Christmas Day Lunch
Anzac Street B+Bistro Christmas Day Lunch
£65.00 per person (3 courses meal, coffee & Mince pies)
Booking is recommended as places are limited
To book call: 01803 835515
A non-refundable deposit of £20 per person will be required
at the time of booking and a pre-order by 15th December.
Anzac Street B+Bistro Christmas Parties
We have a special set menu for Christmas parties for clubs & businesses
Anzac Street B+Bistro Christmas Party Menu
Available from 2nd of December
Evenings: 6.00pm – 10pm Tuesday – Saturday
Special 2 course menu for £20.00 & 3 course menu for £25.00
For parties of 5 and over pre-order and deposit of £5 per person will be required
To book call: 01803 835515
New Years Eve at Anzac Street B+Bistro
Anzac Street B+Bistro New Year’s Eve
4 course set menu staring which includes Glass of Prosecco and selection of mini canapés on arrival.
For private parties we do a special 3 course set menu staring with a buffet then a sit down meal with live music if required.